Version 0.5.0 of the Let's Encrypt client has just been released. Some
of the new features included in this release are:
* The ability to use the webroot plugin interactively.
* The flags --pre-hook, --post-hook, and --renew-hook which can be used
with the renew subcommand to register shell commands to run in
response to renewal events. Pre-hook commands will be run before
any certs are renewed, post-hook commands will be run after any
certs are renewed, and renew-hook commands will be run after each
cert is renewed. If no certs are due for renewal, no command is run.
* Cleaner renewal configuration files. In /etc/letsencrypt/renewal by
default, these files can be used to control what parameters are used
when renewing a specific certificate.
* A -q/--quiet flag which silences all output except errors.
* An --allow-subset-of-domains flag which can be used with the renew
command to prevent renewal failures for a subset of the requested
domains from causing the client to exit.