I have a local setup where MongoDB is extremely slow. Basic commands like
creating an index or dropping a collection take a long time.
I cannot figure out what’s going on, everything else is fast on this box.
It was also rebuilt from scratch just recently. Any suggestions of where to
Other than the insert and drop commands taking more than 1 second, does the
log show anything unusual, e.g. warnings, errors, etc? If you’re still
having this issue, could you specify:
- how did you install MongoDB, and what version
- what is the hardware spec of the box
- is the /data/db directory mounted locally, also how much space does it
- is there anything else running on this machine that may create a
- is there any process taking an unusual amount of resource shown in
- what is the command line options passed into mongod (i.e. the output
Also, it’s probably worth trying to reinstall MongoDB and emptying the
/data/db directory and see if the problem persists.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "mongodb-user"